Van Der Plas Gallery is offering a showing opportunity for all artists who are looking to gain gallery exposure and a chance to establish an ongoing relationship with the gallery.
An open call is being issued to artists, to exhibit their art from Friday, November 24 through Friday, December 1, 2017. An opening reception is scheduled for Friday, November 24, from 6-8 p.m.
Submission procedure: Artists who would like to take part in the exhibition should contact the gallery directly by email with a submission including:
- High quality electronic images of proposed work
- Dimensions of the artwork
- Artist Statement
- All art must be priced for retail (with no exceptions)
No submission fee: There will be no fee for submission of work, but in order to cover a
portion of expenses, artists who are selected for the exhibition will be asked to contribute an administration fee determined by the number and size of works shown.
The administration fees are as follows:
- 1 painting/drawing/print, up to 14” x 11” $150
- 1 painting/drawing/print, up to 20” x 18” $180
- 1 painting/drawing/print, up to 40” x 18” $250
- 1 painting/drawing/print, up to 60” x 48” $285
Larger works will be considered and will necessitate a higher fee. Please ask for pricing for exhibiting more than one work of art.
Sales of work will be a standard split of half to the artist, half to the gallery. The administration fee will serve as a credit in the event of a sale. For example, with an administration fee of $150, the artist would receive all proceeds from the first $300 of works sold.
All art that is accepted for the exhibit must be delivered to the gallery, framed and ready to be hung, no later than 1 p.m. on Monday, November 20, 2017.
Because gallery storage is very limited, a
- All art that is accepted for the exhibit must be delivered to the gallery, framed and ready to be hung, starting 1 p.m. on Tuesday, November 14, 2017 and no later than 1 p.m. on Monday, November 20, 2017.
- All art that is exhibited and not sold must be picked up after the show ends and no later than 1 p.m. on Friday, December 8, 2017.
Please email Adriaan Van Der Plas with your proposal or questions at firstname.lastname@example.org