Van Der Plas Gallery is offering a showing opportunity for all artists who are looking to gain gallery exposure and a chance to establish an ongoing relationship with the gallery.
An open call is being issued to artists, to exhibit their art from Monday, January 8th through Sunday, January 14th, 2018. An opening reception is scheduled for Wednesday, January 10th, from 6-8 p.m.*
Submission procedure: Artists who would like to take part in the exhibition should contact the gallery directly by email with a submission including:
- High quality electronic images of proposed work
- Dimensions of the artwork
- Artist Statement
- All art must be priced for retail (with no exceptions)
No submission fee: There will be no fee for submission of work, but in order to cover a
portion of expenses, artists who are selected for the exhibition will be asked to contribute an administration fee determined by the number and size of works shown.
The administration fees are as follows:
- 1 painting/drawing/print, up to 10” x 8” $85
- 1 painting/drawing/print, up to 14” x 11” $145
- 1 painting/drawing/print, up to 24” x 18” $185
- 1 painting/drawing/print, up to 30” x 40” $245
Larger works will be considered and will necessitate a higher fee. Please ask for pricing for exhibiting more than one work of art.
Sales of work will be a standard split of half to the artist, half to the gallery. The administration fee will serve as a credit in the event of a sale. For example, with an administration fee of $85, the artist would receive all proceeds from the first $170 of works sold.
- All shipment must be delivered to Van Der Plas Gallery, 156 Orchard Street, NY, NY 10002. The gallery hours are 12-6 p.m. Please make all shipping arrangements accordingly.
- All art that is accepted for the exhibit must be delivered to the gallery, framed and ready to be hung, no later than 1 p.m. on Friday, January 8th, 2018.
- All art that is exhibited and not sold must be picked up after the show ends by no later than 1 p.m. on Friday, January 12th, 2018.
* In the event that scheduling adjustments are necessary, artists will be given the choice of exhibiting on the new dates or receiving a full refund of fees paid. If rescheduling has not taken place by December 31, 2017, the dates of the exhibition will not change.
Please email Adriaan Van Der Plas with your proposal or questions at email@example.com